Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The sun still shines...

This family of mine have lost three generations of males in three years...without goodbyes and suddenly!
I am heartsick at the tragedies we have indured...
My Grandmother in just three years has lost her brother... two sister in laws.... a nephew...a great grandchild...her husband and now the most recent the very shock death of my beloved Dad,Her Son in law....5 in just a 12 month perios...she's stoic...she is tough but so humble and inspiring...
She is 90...My Mum is aging fast and now my Dad has passed we are all overwhelmed by the changes ahead and the all consuming care of these two beautiful women.
So much paperwork follows and death...Especially unexpected,death.
Greif is an all consuming process...

My Dad was young for his years possessed such an amazing smile,was a mate to everyone and the hole he has left will never quite go...
I will miss him deeply each day but I also have children to raise so I am telling myself that the sun does shine again and I need to soldier on...
For now I'm craving all these loose ends to be tied up so I can retreat alittle for some rest and soul searching.
R.I.P Dad I know your in great company up above...

2 comments:

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

I am so truly sorry for all of the loss your family has experienced in such a short amount of time. You would think that losing more than one loved one in a short period of time would make you a bit immune to it for a while but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It's especially difficult when they are young. I lost my 62 year old stepfather, my 40 year old husband and my 59 year old dad all within a year and a half. My father and husband were both in November a year apart. We held our breath in November for a few years praying that things would be okay. It's been nine years since my dad passed and I still think about him and miss him every day. I'm sending you a hug. May they all rest in peace. God bless. xo

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

wendy thank you...I know just how well you know loss...big hugs